Because food service is a collective structuring function that will help promote contact and meetings between the various populations (students, researchers, teachers, employees) and to contribute to the establishment of a sense of urbanity on the Plateau, it is an imperative that will influence the success of the project.
From this perspective and as part of the Campus plan, the institutions and companies to come will prioritise the outsourcing and sharing of this function in response to considerations of:
- Diversity: As diversified a range of offerings as possible with varied prices but guaranteeing a sufficient network offering CROUS rates to student populations.
- Mixing: Blending populations in restaurants and creating occasions for meeting; a single card allowing access to all restaurants by all users, regardless of their status has been planned.
- Proximity and polarity: A global network allowing respect for considerations of proximity (less than 300 m) integrated into dense and mixed programs open to the living areas.
- Conviviality: Restaurant sizes from 1000 to 2000 meals maximum.
- Economies of scale: Open and optimise existing food service points and share investments in new restaurants.
An additional 23,000 meals per day will be served, which will require the construction of a dozen restaurants as well as the creation of many additional points for light food service in close proximity
Le nombre de repas servis supplémentaires est de 23000 repas par jour, ce qui implique la construction d’une douzaine de restaurants et la création de nombreux points complémentaires, légers de restauration de première proximité.